Sprout is thrilled to join the One Northside initiative to engage people who live and work in Pittsburgh’s Northside neighborhoods in conversations about the future of their communities. And with the support of the Buhl Foundation, we’ll be helping Northside community members take local action to support the One Northside vision.
Sprout is offering Neighbor-to-Neighbor Grants of up to $1,000 to provide immediate support for small-scale community projects with broad citizen support as demonstrated by neighborhood petitions, letters of support from community groups, and small financial pledges.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to use this opportunity to raise awareness about innovative new Northside projects, events, and activities; engage Northside residents in taking an active role in the civic life of their community; and provide opportunities for motivated community members to assume leadership roles in the ongoing transformation of the Northside. Project activities must begin by June 30 and conclude by September 15, 2015.
Complete application materials will be available on Jan. 10th and Sprout will begin accepting applications on February 6, 2015 for neighbor-to-neighbor projects.
Sprout encourages prospective applicants to attend Information Sessions to meet with Sprout staff to learn more about Neighbor-to-Neighbor Grants in advance of preparing an application.
During January 2015, Sprout will host Information Sessions at the following Northside neighborhood locations:
- Perry Hilltop: Saturday, January 10 from 9:00am-12noon at The Pittsburgh Project (Sanctuary Dining Hall), 2801 N. Charles St. 15214
- Central Northside: Wednesday, January 14 from 6:00pm-8:00pm at Artist Image Resource (AIR), 518 Foreland St. 15212
- Brighton Heights: Friday, January 16 from 8:00am-10:00am at Studio Capezzuti, 1509 Termon Ave. 15212
- Chateau: Tuesday, January 20 from 11:00am-1:00pm at Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild, 1815 Metropolitan St. 15233
- Spring Garden: Thursday, January 22 from 6:00pm-8:00pm at Wigle Whiskey Barrelhouse, 1055 Spring Garden Ave. 15212
To attend an info session, RSVP to email@example.com with your contact information and home neighborhood.
Additionally, Sprout staff will be available for informal meet-ups and office hours in community locations beginning in early 2015. Check the schedule online at www.sproutfund.org/northside to see new locations, dates, and times!
If you’re interested in hosting your own information session in January or February in your neighborhood, please contact Paul Street of The Sprout Fund at 412.325.0646 to request packet of application materials you can distribute to neighbors along with a fact sheet of other important program information to share.