Last year, in support of One Northside, Sprout helped fund 48 small-scale community projects in all 18 neighborhoods of the Northside. And we’re ready to support 50 more this spring and summer!
Neighbor-to-Neighbor Grants of up to $1,000 provide funding for small-scale One Northside projects with broad citizen support. Projects may be one-time events, ongoing initiatives, or urgent innovations, and will be led by previous Neighbor-to-Neighbor project leaders, newcomers to the program, and creative collaborations among previously-supported project team members.
Applicants must live or work on the Northside to qualify. Learn more about the Neighbor-to-Neighbor program and start your application at sproutfund.org/n2n.
Thinking about applying for a grant? Sprout is hosting information sessions at the following Northside neighborhood locations:
- Marshall – Shadeland: Monday, April 18 from 5:30pm-7:00pm at Cafe on the Corner – 2700 Shadeland Ave. 15212 – RSVP >>
- Perry South / Perry Hilltop: Monday, April 25 from 5:30pm-7:00pm at The Pittsburgh Project – 2801 North Charles Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15214 – RSVP >>
- Central Northside: Monday, May 2 from 5:30pm-7:00pm at Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh – Allegheny, 1230 Federal St. 15212 – RSVP >>
- East Allegheny / Spring Hill: Monday, May 9 from 5:30pm-7:00pm at Neu Kirche Contemporary Art Center – 1000 Madison Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 – RSVP >>
- Chateau: Monday, May 16 from 5:30pm-7:00pm at Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild – 1815 Metropolitan St. 15233 – RSVP >>
- Marshall-Shadeland: Monday, May 23 from 12:00pm -1:30pm at Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh – Woods Run, 1201 Woods Run Ave. 15212 – RSVP >>
One Northside Initiative
The Northside is a community of unparalleled assets. 18 neighborhoods strong, the Northside is built on a history of hard work and a rich array of personal and shared experiences. Building on the Northside’s strengths, a large-scale effort has been launched to create a shared agenda for progress that spans all Northside communities, one that creates an improved quality of life for ALL Northside residents, and ensures the revitalization of the Northside as a preferred destination.
With a long-term commitment from the Buhl Foundation as the catalyst for this collaborative work, the One Northside initiative is actively building partnerships with existing resource providers and community organizations from within the Northside and around the region to match assets and services directly to community needs. Learn more about the One Northside initiative at onenorthsidepgh.org.
Sprout’s Support for One Northside
In partnership with The Buhl Foundation, The Sprout Fund provides catalytic support and resources to Northside community leaders for small-scale, neighborhood-level projects. In 2015, Sprout support for One Northside included Neighbor-to-Neighbor grants of up to $1,000 for very small-scale community projects, Community Grants of up to $10,000 for Northside neighborhood organizations, and Action Team Grants for strategic, collaborative approaches to addresses the One Northside focus areas of Place, Employment, and Education. Learn more about Sprout’s support for One Northside at sproutfund.org/northside.
Questions? Give us a call at 412-863-2907 or send an email to email@example.com