Spark Awards provide funding to support innovative solutions and imaginative approaches to learning that are open and accessible to all children and youth. Spark support catalyzes small-scale and first-time projects that create more relevant and imaginative learning opportunities in Pittsburgh, Southwestern Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio.
Although each project is different, Spark Awards are generally made to support initiatives that include the following characteristics:
- Creative & Innovative: supports inventive solutions and imaginative approaches to learning.
- Collaborative & Cooperative: works with multidisciplinary teams in mutual support of shared goals and objectives.
- Equitable, Accessible & Open: promotes the productive exchange of ideas and opportunities for all.
- Nurturing & Child-focused: fosters the growth and development of children, families, and caregivers.
- Experimental, Catalytic & Transformative: tests promising new ideas with the power to advance learning.
- Relevant, Engaging & Impactful: offers enriching experiences attuned to the needs and potential of children and youth.
Spark awards range from $2,500 to $15,000.
Learn more and download application materials at sproutfund.org.