Join The Sprout Fund as we celebrate 10 years of support for Pittsburgh’s creative community!
On Friday, December 9, 2011, TENACITY: a retrospective of original performances from Sprout’s first decade will showcase artists who define the daring, the diverse, and the delightful in Pittsburgh’s performing arts scene.
The evening features the best Sprout- supported performing arts groups and individuals, together on stage for one night only at the August Wilson Center for African American Culture in downtown Pittsburgh.
Seating is limited. Buy your tickets today for the hottest Sprout event yet!
Performances at TENACITY
Featured artists and performances at TENACITY:
- Nationally-lauded poet Vanessa German performs her original spoken word operetta love poem for water
- barebones productions stages a scene excerpted from the Tony Award-winning play Take Me Out
- Bricolage enacts “Down a Country Road,” a classic 1930’s radio drama from their Midnight Radio series
- A screening of Mombies, Gab Cody & Sam Turich’s comedic short about zombie parents in Lawrenceville
- Hiawatha Project stages a scene from Camino, a mythical story of immigration, detention, and identity
- A reading from BRICKS for Young Adults, first-hand stories of young peoples’ lives impacted by cancer
- Surprise celebrity guests compete in a live puppet-making contest during Tom Sarver’s Art Olympic Theater
- A balletic scene from Gravity+Grace, Frank Ferraro’s opera inspired by early-onset Parkinson’s disease
- HYBRID: Dance performs Nomad, a multimedia collaboration from Zafira Studios
- All Accordion Orchestra plays originals and favorites in an all-accordion musical revue
- A love letter to Sprout from artist Alexi Morrissey
- Original music composed and performed by David Bernabo & Barrett Black
- Video shorts from ambulantic videoworks
Tickets for TENACITY
$25 Balcony Seating now available. Limited seats remain on the main floor. Buy your tickets online today.
Doors open 7pm; curtain at 8pm. Tickets include a pre-show reception from 7-8pm and a post-show party from 10-11pm featuring live music from the Turpentiners & DJ Edgar Um and complimentary food and drink catered by Parkhurst Dining Services.
Support for Sprout at TENACITY
Spotlight Sponsors ($5,000)
Lime Light Sponsor ($2,500)
Bright Light Sponsors ($1,000)
Allegheny Conference on Community Development
The Hillman Company
Marcus & Shapira LLP
Donald and Sylvia Robinson Family Foundation
POP City Media
90.5 Essential Public Radio
91.3 fm WYEP
SLB Radio Productions
August Wilson Center
Boyd & Blair Potato Vodka
Clear Story, Inc.
Parkhurst Dining Services
The Sprout Fund supports innovative ideas that are catalyzing change in Pittsburgh making our community a better place to live, work, play, and raise a family. Since 2001, Sprout’s approach has worked successfully across political and geographic boundaries to make more than $4 million of community-decided investments in early-stage projects, organizations, innovators, and activities.