[blockquote]MobileQuest is still looking to fill a few more spaces in their upcoming game design camp in July at Carnegie Mellon.
If you know any aspiring designers going in to 6th or 7th grade, sign them up today![/blockquote]
The Institute is a not-for-profit design studio, founded in 2007 by a group of game designers, that pioneers new models of learning and engagement. Read all about the Institute’s many projects, including their Quest to Learn school, here.
This summer, the Institute is partnering with Hive Pittsburgh and others to host the MobileQuest Colab, a week-long game design camp for rising 6th and 7th graders that will take place from July 15-19, 2013 at Carnegie Mellon University. Student applications for the camp are due this Friday, June 7th! Apply today.
At the Lunch & Learn, Nancy discussed the MobileQuest Colab, as well as an amazing array of other programs and tools that the Institute is currently developing. Here are a few of the most notable tid bits:
- Games As… Guide: A beginner’s resource on games for anyone involved in designing learning for youth.
- Playforce: A community built for and by players, parents, and educators to discover and share learning experiences in games.
- GameKit: Gamekit collects the best in game development and game design exercises from designers and teachers around the world.
- Playtime: Playtime Online is an hour-long webinar series that connects you directly to the Institute’s projects, teams and partners.
- Q Design Packs: Tools and methods to remix the Quest Schools model of game-like connected learning in your own school.